1. At the same time, it feels like I’ve been here longer and not. I’ve settled into sort of a routine, but it’s exotic enough to be weird, and new.
2. The cars don’t try to run you over, and at crosswalks, they STOP for pedestrians. After visiting places where this is definitely not the case, it’s a very welcome and pleasant surprise. Tip of the ol’ sombrero to the drivers of Arrecife.
3. After taking it really easy since Thursday, things change this week. Today was a bike rental and ride. Tomorrow is a hike around the caldera, and I’m planning a cave visit for later in the week. Ouchies be damned.
4. €10 for a bike for the day is a deal. No collateral. Give them a tenner, and I have a bike and a lock for 24 hours. It’s a cruiser, and not some special mountain or road bike, but such a deal.
5. The bread here is amazing. And cheap.
6. The pastries are also amazing. Don’t know, don’t care if they’re cheap or not. I just buy them and get fatter.
7. Rioja wine is pretty good and not expensive either.
8. My Spanish sucks ass, but it's not American Abroad Demanding Everyone Speak English bad. Still trying to get better.
9. Obnoxiously bright gray chest hair is even more bright when offset with a tan. Whatever. That seems to be the attitude of pretty much everyone here. Nobody cares what you do.
10. El viento. Siempre.
11. Airplanes land right over the bike trail. That is cool.