- I brought my own whiskey, so, yay! Which may have directly contributed to:
- I slept about as well as I do in my own bed at home (i.e. not great, but reasonably restful).
- Nice views out the windows.
- Able to get up and move around freely.
- Most passengers are older.
- Most travel in pairs or more; I think it’d be better with a friend. Next time, maybe I will!
- Most prevalent animal sightings (in order): corvids, pronghorns, buteos, prairie dogs.
- The window seats are more broken in than aisle – quite noticeable to a buttless wonder such as I.
- Bring a real pillow.
- Bring real food.
- Set your phone to airplane mode. It’ll eat battery searching for a signal as the train passes in and out of cell range. But, power plugs are prevalent on board, so…¯\_(ツ)_/¯
One other rando-thought. I’ve heard one should write with a target audience in mind. I do, but I have significant doubts my target ever reads these. Kinda funny.